This is the lightest of the ceiling fans we have reviewed so far. With an amazing total weight of just a little more than eleven pounds, you can easily slip this fan into the smallest room in the house. Do not allow the diminutive size to fool you. This also have a green feature, saving you some dollars off your electricity bill.
- Three blade iron, 42 inches each
- Measurements of 18.5 by 11 by 9.5 inches
- Weight at 11.5 pounds
- Power: 120 volts, 51 watts
- Source: hardwire
- Air Power: 2,906 CFM (according to Amazon)
- Reversible function (counterclockwise direction of the blades for removing cold drafts come winter and autumn)
- Some other features in the box include: one four-inch rod, lead wire around 78 inches in length, two 40-watt incandescent bulbs, a motor with dual capacitor made of silicon/steel material and three speeds (from high to low)
- Save 36 watts on the fastest setting, without turning on the light (compared to 80 watts on standard fans with the same blade lengths)
- Optimum placement is around 8 feet above the floor and hanging at 11 inches from the ceiling
- A lifetime warranty on the motor and a two year one for the rest of the parts
- A discount price of $73 (saving you $31)
- A twenty-four-hour delivery as a option
- Free forty-eight hour delivery, across the USA and more than thirty countries such as Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Bulgaria, etc. Check the list for all applicable countries.
Appearance-wise, this ceiling fan is not only small but also beautifully designed, with two pull chains with cutesy symbols for light or for wind adjustment. Most customers like how wonderful it looks and appreciate the little symbols on the pull chains for convenience.
The model comes in two colors and you can choose between black (the manufacturer labeled this as gunmetal) to metal gray (brushed nickel).
Most customers opt for the latter because of its high-polish finish, which matches the color of most door knobs, window panels, metallic shelves and the like. Should you choose the black design, you will also have the reversible blade design option.
On one side, the blade displays plain black color with the other a dark gray appearance in wood accents.
Because of its size, this model is well-suited for around 100 square feet of enclosed space. Generally the motor works well, producing the promised air current of up to 4000 CFM maximum.
Installation is a breeze for most customers, with some even taking an hour or less with the detachment of the old fan included. The ceiling fan includes a set of three wires for the wall switch and the dimmer.
Please be aware that both devices (wall switches and dimmers) are not included in the box.
As for the noise or lack therefore, as a rule the ceiling fan is noiseless, even on high speeds. Some customers experience a little loud humming on higher settings, though the manual clearly says this is normal and may go away after a day or two.Generally, once the fan is put together right, the model will not overheat from normal usage, there will be no wobbling upon turning it on, and the set will not rock when the chains are pulled.
Some other nice thing to say about this model are that it comes with a mounting bracket with a socket-and-ball joint that allows you to place the motor and the downbar without any problems and multiple screws, just in case you go short on the hardware. Then of course, there is the lifetime warranty on the motor.
This ceiling fan is intended for 40, and not 60-watt light bulbs, so you need to be careful when installing or replacing light bulbs. If you receive the product with higher wattage light bulbs, please inform the company and get yourself a replacement.
A lot of customers have complained about the frayed wiring and have experienced electrical sparks flying because of incorrect use. Another problem is that a remote control is clearly not compatible with this model.
As far as features go, because of the low light capacitor as well as the light casing, the light that the fan will give off will be too dark to be used as a main light source.
Regarding defects, some customers have reported that their model was too loud on operation, caused by a faulty motor. If this happens to you, please contact the company to get a substitute for it.
This product is a pretty decent buy since the price is reasonable and you cannot go wrong with its design.